At T.J. Matthews Plumbing, our Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Policy is based on a belief that the well being of people employed at work, or people affected by our work, is a paramount consideration.People are our most important asset and their health and safety is our greatest responsibility. The public, including contractors and visitors, shall be given equal priority to that of our employees.
The objectives of our Safety Policy are:
- To achieve an accident free workplace.
- To comply with the requirements of WHS Acts, Regulations, Codes and relevant industry standards. To make OHS an integral part of every managerial and supervisory position.
- To ensure OHS is considered in all planning and work activities.
- To involve our employees in the decision making processes through a continuous program of regular communication, consultation and training to ensure that they work in the safest possible manner.
- To manage all potential danger in the workplace through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control. To ensure all actual and potential accident/ incidents are investigated and the causes controlled.
- To provide effective injury management for all employees.
- To ensure that the work team is totally committed to achieving these objectives.
The success of our health & safety management can be measured through the following performance indicators:
All work activities are analysed and planned with due consideration given to implementing WFiS controls that are suitable to each given situation.
Open and honest communication occurs between management and employees and is recorded.
Managers and supervisors regularly check that work and workplaces are safe and those incidents or hazards reported to them are investigated and dealt with.
Employees keep their work and workplace safe and report all incidents and hazards to their supervisor.
Contractors and visitors comply with company WHS requirements they are informed of and report all incidents or hazards they become aware of.
T.J. MATTHEWS PLUMBING SERVICES PTY LTD have completed documentation regarding the following:
- Quality Management Manual in accordance with the guidelines of Australian Standard AS/NZS ISO 9001;2008 and shall be in accordance with substantial implementation.
- Work Health & Safety Plari‘complying with the necessary requirements of WorkCover NSW, Work Health & Safety Act 2011, Work Health & Safety Regulation 2011, Workplace Injury Management & Workers Compensation Act 1998 No. 86, relevant Codes of Practice and addresses the relevant elements of New South Wales Government OHS & R Management Systems Guidelines (4th Edison) and AS/NIZS4801.
- Environmental Management Plan. This manual has been developed to address the relevant elements regarding New South Wales Government Environmental System Guidelines 2nd Edition, April 2007 and Australian Standard AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004.